The Standard sets out a specific, consistent approach to identifying, recording, flagging, sharing and meeting the information and communication support needs of patients, service users, carers and parents with a disability, impairment or sensory loss.
We, as a public facing organisation want to make information accessible to patients, service users and their carers. This includes making sure that people get information in different formats if they need it, such as large print, braille, easy read, and via email.
- Ask people if they have any information or communication needs, and find out how to meet their needs
- Record those needs in a set way (where appropriate)
- Highlight a person’s file, so it is clear that they have information or communication needs, and clearly explain how these should be met (where appropriate)
- Share information about a person’s needs with other NHS and adult social care providers, when they have consent or permission to do so
- Act to make sure that people get information in an accessible way and communication support if they need it.
Further information on the Accessible Information Standard can be found on the NHS England website.
If you require information in an alternative language or format, such as braille, easy-read or large print please contact: 01642 745401